Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tasty Tuesday-Strawberry Chocolate Trifle

Hello all!! I know that summer's over and fall is here, but I just couldn't resist sharing one of my favorite summertime recipes with you. I came up with this recipe a couple of years ago when I was looking for a quick and simple summer dessert. I make this almost every time I have people over and also for potlucks and such. It's so simple and delicious, and I get rave reviews every time I make it. If you like strawberries, then I guarantee that you'll like this recipe.


Strawberry Chocolate Trifle

1 loaf angel good cake
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 carton strawberries
1 8oz container cool whip
1/4 bag chocolate chips

Cut up the angel food cake into 1 inch cubes. Set aside. Core strawberries and slice into quarters.Cover the bottom of a trifle bowl with 1/3 of the angel food cake cubes. Layer 1/4 of the strawberries on top. Sprinkle 1/4 of the chocolate chips over the layer. Mix the instant pudding according to package instructions and pour 1/3 of it on top of the strawberries. Cover with 1/3 of the cool whip. Repeat for two more layers. On top of the final layer of cool whip, arrange the remaining strawberries as desired and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Refrigerate until chilled (about 2 hours).

Note: You can also add (or substitute) other fruit as desired. I've added raspberries and blueberries before, but I'm sure you could use any of your favorite fruits in this.



0 comments:

Post a Comment