Saturday, April 2, 2011

52 Weeks of Orgainizing


I just recently started reading The Organizing Junkie blog and love it so far!! This year she is doing a 52 weeks of organizing challenge, and I've decided to join up. Any of you who know me well know that I am not the most organized person in the world, and that I need all the help I can get! I'm hoping that this challenge will help me get (and stay!) motivated.

The Organizing Junkie has even made it easy for you to get started! She's created a pdf list so that you can write down what you want to accomplish each week. It makes it easy to stay on track and motivated because you see exactly what you want to accomplish broken down by week. It doesn't seem quite so overwhelming this way! I haven't finished my list yet, but here's what I have so far:

  1. Organize my closets/sort through my clothes
  2. Organize my dressers/finish sorting through clothes
  3. Unpack my spring/summer clothes & pack away my winter clothes
  4. Organize my desk area
  5. Organize my bed/nightstand area
  6. Organize my decorations/seasonal items
  7. Organize my books
  8. Figure out better storage for items in my room
  9. Organize my car
  10. Organize the guest bedroom
  11. Organize my scrapbooking materials
  12. Organize my electronics & photography equipment
  13. Organize Mom's sewing room
  14. Organize the workshop
  15. Organize the catch-all room in the basement (what used to be the play room)
  16. Organize the game room
  17. Organize the living room
  18. Organize the kitchen (with Mom!)
  19. Organize the laundry room
  20. Organize the family room (with Mom & Dad!)
There's the first twenty items on my list. I'm not planning on filling out the whole list, because I'm hoping that by the time the 52 weeks are up I'll be in my own apartment, which will involve even more organizing. So far I have covered all the way through August; I'll probably do eight more weeks before I stop, since I highly doubt I'll be in an apartment before October.

I'll be tackling my first project this coming week, and will post before and after pictures...be prepared, though, the before pictures will probably be a little scary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment