Saturday, April 2, 2011

Favorite Fridays

"Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, Brown paper packages tied up with string; these are a few of my favorite things..."

Okay, okay, I'll spare your ears now!! Anyways welcome to "Favorite Fridays." Each Friday, I'm going to do a post featuring some of my favorite things, such as favorite books, movies, recipes, etc.

This week, I want to share with you some of my favorite blogs. I know that I have these listed over in the sidebar of my blog, but this way you get to learn a little bit more about them.

One of my favorite blogs to read is From: The Little Pink House. Gretchen Acheson, the writer of this blog, lives in a little house (that was once pink, hence, the name) on a farm with her husband and her two adorable little girls, with another baby on the way. She posts about farm life, her girls, her farmer, and life in general.

Another of my favorites, which is where I first found Gretchen several years ago, before she was married, is Young Ladies Christian Fellowship. This is a website that was originally created as a place for single women, and most of the articles were about singleness, waiting, and other applicable things for single young ladies. However, as the team members grew older and got married, that has changed. Now there are articles both for single women and for those who are married. I find that I miss the days where it was all about singleness, as I am single, but it's still a great website with great articles written by many different Christian young ladies.

One of my favorite blogs to go to for recipes, photography tips, and a good laugh is The Pioneer Woman. Ree Drumond, the writer of this wonderful blog, lives on a ranch with her Malboro Man,  her four children, and their bassett hound, Charlie. She has written the story of how she and Malboro Man met, entitled From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. It is published online on her blog and, as of February 2011, is also available in book form which includes some extra material. I encourage you to go on over there, read some of her hilarious posts (she believes in keeping it real, and it shows in her posts!), browse through her absolutely  amazing recipes, and don't forget to check out the Charlie archives!!! Disclaimer: She is not a Christian, and does not claim to be one, so you may want to use discretion when reading her posts! Also, there are some, ah, rather delicate, scenes in From Back Heels to Tractor Wheels that you'll want to skip over...

The last one, my absolute favorite, is relatively new, but features, among others, the writers from two of my other favorite blogs, Ashleigh Baker from Heart & Home, Elizabeth Esther from ElizabethEsther.com. This blog is called A Deeper Story. They discuss many things over there, most of them subjects that Christians usually stray away from talking about, such as homosexuals, anorexia, alcoholism, and other such topics. Go take a look, and I"m sure you'll find that you enjoy the writings of these wonderful ladies. I find, as I'm sure you will, that so much of what they discuss challenges and convicts me. Disclaimer: I do not necessarily agree with all the views of these ladies. Also, if you're under the age of 18, you may want to use discretion in what posts you read, as some rather delicate subjects are discussed.


Well, this concludes the first Favorite Friday...and yes, I know it's now Saturday, but it was Friday when I started!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment