Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays

I LOVE to cook! I make most of the meals here at home because Mom hates to cook. This gives me a chance to try a lot of different recipes and to make up some of my own. Some of them turn out great, and others, I'll admit, turn out not so great...
I thought that I'd share some of my favorite recipes with all of you here, so that you can try them and enjoy them, too!!

Cheddar-Alfredo Broccoli

1 pkg. Birdseye Steamfresh brocolli (or any other broccoli you have on hand)
2-3 slices cheddar cheese (depending how cheesy you like your broccoli; I used two)
1/3 c. Alfredo Sauce
Fix broccoli according to package directions, then place cheese on top. Microwave for approximately 30 seconds, just long enough to get the cheese a little melty. Add alfredo sauce, microwave an additional 45 seconds, stir. Serve and enjoy!! 
*I just fixed this the other night, and we all enjoyed it! We eat a lot of broccoli because it's one of the few vegetables that we all like, and it was a nice change from just fixing it regularly.

Chicken in Savory Lemon Sauce

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves 
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 c. water
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tbsp. lemon juice ( I used 3/4 tbsp because Mom & Dad aren't huge lemon fans)
1/2 tsp. paprika
4 lemon slices (optional)

Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook till well-browned on both sides. Add the soup, water, parsley, lemon juice, and paprika to the skillet. Heat to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Top with lemon slices.
*Like I said, my parents aren't big lemon fans, but they do enjoy this dish when I fix it. I usually go light on the paprika and add a dash of thyme and sage just to give it a little more flavor than just the lemon.

I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I have!! I look forward to sharing more recipes with you!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment