Saturday, April 2, 2011

Single Saturdays

Welcome to the first Single Saturday! In this season of life, God has seen fit for me to be single, so I thought that I would take one or two Saturdays out of the month to encourage any of my blog readers who may also be in a season of singleness. I will use each Single Saturday to share a poem, a post from another blog, or some of my own thoughts on being single.

This week I'd like to share with you one of my favorite poems. This poem always reminds me to trust in God for my future, and not try to figure out what the future has for me.


Just as He Unfolds the Rose
It is only a tiny rosebud,
A flower of God’s design,
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I,
The flower God opens so sweetly,
In my hands would fade and die.
If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God’s design,
Then how can I have wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?
So I’ll trust Him for His leading
Each moment of every day
And I’ll look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the pilgrim way.
For the pathway that lies before me
My heavenly Father knows
I’ll trust Him to unfold the moments
Just as He unfolds the rose.
~Anonymous.

I love being single. I am enjoying this season in my life right now, and have no desire to be in a relationship right now. I feel that as a single lady, I can do more, and different, things than if I were married. I've found many opportunities for ministry where I have more of an influence as a single lady than if I were married. Of course, there are areas for ministry that are not open to me because of my singleness, but I am okay with that.

It's taken me a few years, and a few almost-relationships for me to get where I am now. I used to hate being single, and desire nothing more than to be in a relationship with somebody, but, eventually, I learned the hard way that it is possible, and better, to be content to be single.

I encourage any of you single young ladies to check out the Young Ladies Christian Fellowship. I mentioned it in my previous post, but I want to mention it again because they have a ton of articles on singleness, waiting, and being content. There are a few others out there, too, but I have found this to be the one I like best.

Well, that's it for the first Single Saturday...short and sweet!! I hope you enjoyed it, and that you'll come back to read my other posts as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment