Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Thankfulness: Day 1

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"


Today I am thankful for...

1. My family-God has given me an amazing family, and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I have parents who love and support me, a sister who is also one of my friends, and a brother-in-law who is amazing with computers. I have one set of grandparents that is still alive, Granny and PawPaw, and they live close enough that I am able to see them regularly. I also have several aunts and uncles and cousins who, although most of them live far away, I'm able to keep up with on Facebook.

2. Facebook-I know this seems like an odd and frivolous thing to be thankful for, but Facebook is really a great tool when used properly. I'm able to keep in contact with friends and family who live far away. I've also discovered many great things through Facebook that I never would have otherwise, such as the 180 movie that I shared with you all here.

3. My job-The Lord has blessed me with an amazing job. Though a lot of times it gets busy and crazy and stressful, and I don't always get along with everyone that I work with, I absolutely love it. I've made some great friends during the time that I've worked there, and I've also had the opportunity to share Jesus with several people. I have Christian supervisor, which is a huge blessing and encouragement. I'm so very thankful to have a stable job in this economy. I know several people who are without a job right now. Every time I start to get frustrated or upset about something that happens at work, I just have to think of all those that would give anything to have a job right now.

4. My friends-I have some awesome friends. They're always there for me when I need them.I know that whenever I need them they're just a phone call of text away. I love that I have friends that I can text when something comes up and I need prayer and I know they'll pray for me. Some of my friends are pretty crazy, but that's okay, that just makes them fun to be around! I'm blessed to be good friends with my supervisor at work as well. It greatly helps to have a good relationship with her, because I know that whenever I need anything I can count on her.

5. My apartment-If you had told me this time last year that I would be sitting in my own apartment right now typing this, I wouldn't have believed you. Getting my own place was just a distant dream at that time. I had no idea that it would become a reality as quickly as it did. God really provided; I was able to find a cute little apartment in a nice neighborhood for a good price. It's a bit on the small side, but since it's just me it doesn't matter. I have a landlord who is here at least once a week, talking to the tenants and checking up on everything. I've also been blessed to have quiet neighbors so it makes it easy for me to sleep during the day.

6. My salvation-I have been so blessed to grow up in a Christian home and to have been saved at a young age. I was only three years old when I trusted Christ as my Savior. Although during the past couple of years I have struggled with my face, and even went through a period not all that long ago where I was sick of everything God and wanted nothing to do with Him, He never gave up on me. When I finally repented and turned back to Him, He blessed me in ways that I never could have imagined. Because of my salvation, I can have a personal relationship with Him and I know for certain that I will spend eternity in Heaven with Him when I die.

7. My health-This is a big one for me. For a couple of years, mainly while I was down at college, I struggled with my health. I was having severe asthma attacks nearly every week, constant allergy problems, I was sick all the time, and I had no energy. Although we're still not quite sure what caused all of that, we suspect it may have been the environment and such down where I attended college in combination with the stress of being in college, my health has greatly improved over the past year and a half since I've graduated. I was without a job for nearly four months after I graduated, which although a source of frustration and discouragement at the time, enabled me to get plenty of rest and gave my body some time to recover from everything it had been through.

What have you thanked God for today?

0 comments:

Post a Comment