Saturday, October 1, 2011

Favorite Friday - 5 Favorite Websites

It's Friday again already...where did this week go?! It seems like it just flew by! Of course, that is by no means a bad thing. I like it when my weeks fly by, especially when the work week flies by!

This week for Favorite Friday I want to share five of my favorite websites with y'all. These five websites are ones that I use all the times and don't know how I ever lived without them.

At the top of the list is Swagbucks. Swagbucks is an awesome website where you can earn points for searching the web. You can then redeem those points for gift cards, movies, music, electronics, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I usually redeem my points for Amazon.com gift cards. You sign up for an account (there's no fees, credit car required, or phone number or address requested), and then use their website's search engine to search the web. You'll be rewarded with 30 swagbucks just for signing up! You can earn an average of 10-20 swagbucks a day by searching the web. It's that simple. The best part is that if you tell friends about it, and they sign up through your referral link, you'll earn swagbucks from them too!

Swagbucks.com Homepage

Next on the list is Pinterest. Pinterest is a virtual pinboard that allows you to "pin" images from your computer, the web, or on the pinterest website itself and store and organize them on your boards. You can find everything from quotes, fashion ideas, and hairstyles to crafts, decorating ideas, and recipes. Say you find a recipe that you want to pin, like the Chocolate Strawberry Trifle that I posted on here the other day. You would go up to your toolbar, where the "pin it" button is installed, and click on the button. It will then allow you to pin it to a specific board. Pinterest allows you to have an unlimited number of pins (as far as I can tell) and organize them unto an unlimited number of boards. You can also "follow" other people's boards so that you can see whenever they pin a new item. It's a wonderful site for getting new ideas. It become addicting after awhile, though, so be prepared to spend lots of time on there! For some reason, Pinterest is by invitation only, at least for now. If you're interested and you want an invitation, use the Contact Me form (you can find the tab at the top of the page, right next to about me) to send me a message, and I will send you an invite.

Example of a Pinterest profile

Another website that I use frequently is Wishpot. It's a gift registry/wish list that allows you to add anything you want to your registry. You can install their button in your toolbar and add items from any retail website on the web or you can manually enter items that you want. You can then share your list or registry with your family and friends. It's an easy way to share your Christmas list with your whole family without having to send out a bunch of emails.

The fourth website on my favorites list is Dropbox. This website allows you to backup and sync your files between multiple computers. You download it your computer, and it automatically creates a folder for you to save your files to. It then automatically syncs it with your other devices that you have installed it on. I use it a lot at work as I use a shared computer. After a couple of bad experiences of other people deleting my documents (not just any documents, but spreadsheets that took several hours of work), I decided to save them to Dropbox. This way, no matter which computer I use, or who uses my computer, I'll always have a copy of what I need and I won't have to spend hours re-figuring formulas. I also use it a lot at home to back up my files and also to sync some files between my computer and my iPod. When you first sign up for an account, you get 2GB of space. You can earn 250MB of more space for each friend that you invite who signs up, with a limit of 8GB.


Last, but not least, on my list of favorite websites is Mint. It's a free personal finance and budget software. You don't even have to download anything to your computer. It's all online, and it's all secure. It's from the makers of Quicken, so you know that it's good. It allows you to set budget limits in various areas such as entertainment, shopping, food, etc. It automatically pulls your spending information from your bank accounts, so you don't have to worry about entering any data or keeping track of all those receipts  There's also an app for your Ipod/Iphone or Android, so you can keep track of your spending even when your away from the computer. And remember, it's all FREE. You don't have to purchase any expensive software, which you then have to update every year.
Well, there you have it. These are my top 5 favorite websites. What are some of your favorite websites? Have you ever used any of these websites? If so, what do you think of them? Leave a comment and let me know!!


Disclaimer: I was not paid or perked in any way for posting about these. However, if you click on my Swagbucks link it will take you to my referral link and I will receive Swagbucks if you sign up through it. Also, if you sign up using my link to dropbox, I'll receive 250MB of free space.


5D3B6D5VEF6U

0 comments:

Post a Comment