Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Spinach Salad with Roasted Pecans

I know that you probably already have a ton of salad recipes, but I wanted to share this one with you. You're probably looking at the title and thinking, "Eww, spinach is disgusting!" I thought so too, until my aunt made a salad similar to this one, and then I loved it. So give it a try. You never know, you may like it.

1 package baby spinach
1 package romaine lettuce hearts
1/2 c. pecan halves
1 tbsp. sugar or brown sugar (depends on which you prefer. I usually use brown sugar)
1 tbsp. butter or margarine

In a frying pan, melt butter over low heat. Add pecans and sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes or until caramalized, stirring constantly. (Note: You can also get a bag of pecans that are already caramalized. They're usually by the other nuts in the baking section) Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Meanwhile, toss together lettuce and spinach in a salad bowl. Once pecans have cooled, toss those in with the lettuce and spinach. Serve with dressing of your choice.

Note: You can also add in other items such as apples, raspberries, cheese, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment