Tuesday, October 11, 2011

31 Days of Thankfulness: Richly Blessed

I asked God for strength, that I may achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey…

I asked for health, that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmary, that I might do happier things…

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise…

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God…

I asked for all things that I may enjoy life,
I was given life, that I may enjoy all things…

I got nothing that I asked for- but everything I had hoped for;
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among the most richly blessed.

- An Unknown Confederate Solider

This poem isn't necessarily about thankfulness in that the words thankful and grateful aren't mentioned in it, but this poem reminds of something very important. It reminds us that we are richly blessed, and that is something to be thankful for. It also reminds us that although we may not get everything we ask God for, He gives us what He knows we need, and for that we should be grateful.


I am thankful for...
67. Being able to work with other believers
68. Finding out today that one of our new supervisors is a Christian.
69. Seeing the excitement and zeal of a friend for Christ.
70. The encouragement of knowing that unbelievers see something different about me & want to know what it is.
71. Seeing direct answers to specific prayers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment